Plan settings on the Plans page allow to configure template locations, payment intervals and promotions.
To access plan settings:
- Enter the admin Control Panel and select Plans in the Info menu.
- Click the Settings icon in the Advanced section for the target plan.
- On the page that shows you can manage the following options:
This page is reserved for H-Sphere development and
debugging and should not be used in production control panels.
- Plan Name: this is the only place where you can edit
the name of the plan.
- Default Template defines the page that opens when a user
logs into the control panel. To specify a custom page, enter
the file name and the path relative to the template directory.
If your template works incorrectly, you can remove it to
return to the system defaults.
- Template Directory specifies the name of the directory
with templates used by this specific plan. If a template is not found
in this directory, the system takes generic H-Sphere template with the
For example, you have a plan called 'SPECIAL', where the Template
Directory parameter is set to special/ and the current skin is set
to 'No Menu'. When the system tries to find, for instance, the
design/login.html template, it will first scan the
directory, and if fails, it moves on to the
directory in search of this template.
As seen from the above, the Template Directory parameter is NOT used for
creating custom templates. Instead, when a new plan is added to the
system, plan-specific templates are placed in this directory.
Besides that, when you customize H-Sphere templates, you should
check the replacements/ directory of each design location for
plan-specific templates and customize them if necessary.
- Contact info: it's highly recommended to use this feature only for admin plans! With this feature turned OFF,
user contact info will be unavailable which will disable billing for all accounts under this plan and sending system email notifications.
- Credit limit: enter a credit limit for the plan. Read more in
Credit Limit documentation.
- Payment Interval: enter how far in advance recurrent fees for billing period resources are prepaid.
Read more about Creating Billing Periods.
Promotions management: assign flexible discounts to the particular plan.
One plan can have several associated promotions.
- Custom Values: menuId: in H-Sphere, each plan type has its own corresponding menu configuration.
These menu types are configured in the /hsphere/local/home/cpanel/shiva/psoft/hsphere/menu.xml file.
We use the menuId variable to specify the menu type.
These are the standard menu types for the corresponding H-Sphere plan types:
unix - Unix plan;
admin - Admin plan;
ttadmin - Trouble Ticket Admin plan;
bill - Billing plan;
reseller - Reseller plan;
winduz - Windows plan;
real - Real Server plan;
mysql - MySQL Only plan;
email_only - E-Mail Only plan;
vps - VPS plan.
You can add your custom menu to menu.xml and specify the custom menuId in the
form to assign it to the plan. In menu.xml, you should add the new menudef tag:
Note: Menu customization should be done very carefully, according to the
Menu Customization Guide.
If you set an incorrect value to menuId or leave this field empty in the form,
the left menu in your Control Panel won't show up!
- Add custom value: don't add them unless you definitely know how to use them.